Referring to a popular television show, New Moon: a show where a young teenage girl becomes infatuated with a 100 year old vampire, someone posted a legitimate question:
The idea of a 100+ year man dating a teenage girl is universally seen as very creepy. Why isn’t a teenage girl dating a 100+ year old vampire seen as even much more creepy! Why is this seen as romantic by millions of women and girls?
Rather than give an answer based upon my personal opinion, I responded with God’s Word:
(5) And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
(16) How much more abominable and filthy is man, which drinketh iniquity like water?
(1) To the chief Musician upon Mahalath, Maschil, A Psalm of David. The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good.
(2) God looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, that did seek God.
(3) Every one of them is gone back: they are altogether become filthy; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
(9) The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
1 John 1:8
(8) If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
Conclusion: God’s Word reveals that Man is wicked. Sin so permeates our lives and minds that many times, we don’t always see its corruption. This television show is wicked. A born-again child of God has no use for such evil.